As Indigo Women, we have always had a fertile connection as mothers and "Mother Earth." We cultivated the most sophisticated collection of knowledge about the land, the elements, the seasons and the stars. Humans originating as indigenous gatherer-hunters, foraged the planet, following, studying and observing the herds of animals to find water, nutrients and resources, The Animals were our teachers. Then, we ate our teachers. I recall the "Mother Wit and Old Wives Tales" of the "Brews," "Potions," Tonics, Tinctures, Teas and Poultices that healed the ailments of Mothers' family and community. We ate a Mediterranean diet filled with an abundance and variety of living vivid colors, Fresh fruits and Vegetables.
1. Heart Disease
3. Cerebrovascular Disease or Stroke
5. Unintentional Accidents
8. Respiratory Disease
9. Nephritis, Nephritic syndrome
Homicide is the 6th leading cause of death in African Americans, not the 1st! So, our death weapon is food and lifestyle. We are killing ourselves more rapidly with what we put in our mouths long before we would kill each other with any other weapon! STOP THE KILLING! It is a wonder that our poor diets are the inducer of anti social behavior, violence and killing. Again, we are teaching our infants in the womb, then our children and teens; spiraling destructive habits, choices and behaviors. The diseases above are symptomatic with obesity. Yet in this day and age- when the food in the grocery stores are adulterated with growth hormones, obesity becomes an exacerbating consequence and effect. We are what we eat, so even though we are inflated with growth hormones in appearance, we are masking and not necessarily over eating, the symptoms of malnourishment.
|U.S. Food Deserts|
SolutionsThe Amen Par Ankh (sacred temple of life) was established to promote health and wellness in the most desolate areas in Kansas City, MO. to remove the hand of disease and Death for Indigo African Americans.
We can have sustainable urban communities! This starts with Feeding ourselves!
IN ORDER TO FREE OURSELVES WE MUST FEED OURSELVES!
- Taking back our involvement with what we consume and feed to our families is the most empowering action we can take. We used to have victory gardens, as a way of preparing for disaster, and being responsible to our families and community. Even the act of having a container garden full of herbs that can be grown indoors is an excellent start. If you are not ready to connect with nature and the foods you consume, then purchase your food, locally from local growers as often as possible.
- Participate and seek out and get to know your urban growers and agriculturalist and locally grown food markets.
- Get to know the people and how they grow their food.
- We so often eat alone and on the run- we need to make time to sit down, prepare a meal with love, and eat together as family- at least once a week.
- Find or make healthy snacks for your teens and yourself. Homemade Sunflower seeds, granola mixes, smoothies and even riding in your car with fresh fruit to quail the temptation to stop at a drive-thru window can save you time and money this is healthy and natural "FAST FOOD".
- Finding fresh water might be a problem now a days. Find alkaline and Spring water as often as you can. Collecting Rain Water and reconnecting with natural springs, can reconnect us to our foraging Ancestors.
- Use glass, ceramic and stainless steal containers, instead of plastic.
- We also must make time to exercise. Parking a few blocks from where you work, then walking, dancing, joining a sports team, or just a few calisthenics can start healthy heart habits. Reconnect with your spiritual and cultural value systems and ancestral folkways.
- We are living souls having a human, temporal, empirical experience
- Take Care and treat your body as you would a temple. Your body is your organic "Space Suit"
- Connect to the earth around you as a steward and not in dominion.
- Establish Knowledge of Self- know your Destiny, Name, Health, Career & Relationship Consultations with the Aku (Contact the Amen Par Ankh by Appointment)
- Conscious Breathing
- Hydration: Drink 8 Glasses of Water per day
- Healthy Alkaline Foods in a balanced diet
- Recreation /Exercise
- Get plenty of Sleep from Sunset-Sunrise- especially between 10pm-2am
- Maintain Normal Weight
- Use Whole (Left and Right Brain) stimulation
- Spirituality/ Connection to Life- Plants- Animals
- Value/Belief system
- Reduce/Remove Toxins and pollution from your body, mind and spirit
The mother is the first teacher of her children, so as you teach a girl, you teach a nation! As we return to feed ourselves, we can best provide the optimal health of our future generations. It is important to work to break the cycle of hereditary illnesses that can easily be eliminated with a healthy lifestyle of locally grown foods, exercise, non-toxic water, air, soil, and home environments, and positive relationships for our body, mind and spirit. What we feed to our children will effect the health and future success of our nation, for generations to come.
Teach a Girl- Heal a Nation!
(c) All rights reserved. No part of this Blog may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopy, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without prior permission in writing from the author; Nuta Beqsu Adenike AmenRa
I am available for Lectures, Libations, Griot Spoken Word Presentations, KMT Wedding, Birth and Ascension officiant, Salutations and Blessings for new beginnings, Home and Businesses, Afrikan Storytelling, Conferences and Workshops Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 816-839-7945